As we look beyond the lockdown due to Covid19, churches face important questions. What will church look like in “the new normal”? There may well still be some limitations on Christians gathering together as we have done all our lives. In what forms will such activities as worship, teaching, prayer, fellowship, pastoral care, mission, evangelism and work with children and young people continue?
To help us think about all these areas, it is good to start by starting from what the Bible tells us about what church really is. So here is a series of sermons which explore that question. What is the church?
“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” (Acts 2:42)
- Six features of the Early Church Acts 2:42-47
- They devoted themselves to the Apostles’ teaching Acts 2:42
- They devoted themselves to the breaking of bread Luke 22:7-23
- Fellowship – One in Heart and Mind Acts 4:32-37
- Constantly in Prayer
- Evangelism in the Early church – They Never Stopped ACTS 5:42
- Growing Up Into Christ – Ten Theses Ephesians 4:15-16
Here is a booklet with those sermons What is the Church BOOKLET